Review: Winter by Marissa Meyer

Series: The Lunar Chronicles #4
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Publication Date: November 10, 2015
Reading Level: Young Adult
Pages: 827 (Hardcover)
Source: Bought
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?
~*~Lili's Reflections~*~

This review is going to be short and sweet because I feel like the entire world echoes the following sentiments and I just can't find a way to say something that hasn't already been said beautifully: I could not have asked for anything more from this series ender.

I am so satisfied with it. Everything from my OTPs (Cress and Thorne definitely steal the show with this one), to my love of action, to the death doom and destruction had me DYING. And every time I noticed another new nod to a fairytale I found myself flipping pages in glee. That's the best part about this book. Meyer skips nothing and gives this series the ending it deserves in 827 pages, but it's so addicting and well-written that you'll fly through this beast of a book in a single day because your hands and your heart won't let you put it down.

If there's one thing that I have learned about Marissa Meyer, it's that she knows how to write a story. Her fanfiction days really gave her the necessary tools to blow readers' minds. She gives us various romantic pairings that leave our hearts beating fast. I typically only have the power to ship one ship, but dang, I ship everyone in this book. You know, except for Levana. But the best part is that these characters grow so much. They are more than their romances, and the romances are just a small aspect that make us love them more. We love their bravery and strength, their fight, their determination to do what is right at all costs despite their young ages. We love them.

Cinder, Thorne, Scarlet, Wolf, Cress, and even Kai (plus honorary Winter because holy cow is this girl lovable and extremely complex) may be the Rampion's crew, but they stole their way into our hearts and they're the crew that brings us friendship, loyalty, and infinite happiness.

I don't know what else there is to say because of how perfect this book is. I am eagerly anticipating Meyer's newest series to be started in 2016. I am ready to be putty in her hands once again.

5 stars

~*~Links~*~

1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree! Winter was everything I wanted it to be, possibly a little bit more. I got page time with every character I cared about, ships sailed (and sunk) (and sailed) and the action scenes were perfectly executed. I just wanted to hug this book when I finished it!

    ReplyDelete